Friday, September 1, 2017

Believe in the Magic of Christmas and the Winter Season


To all that are going to have a three day weekend, enjoy! I also hope that all artists and crafters get a little time for creativity!

The following project has no design teams attached to it. I really needed to see how I would do “out of my comfort zone”, meaning my comfort zone is all about the coloring and making small pieces of art. I really enjoyed this process. I made a mess, but hey, it was worth it.

This post is going to be very photo heavy. I was trying to get every step that I took in this process. So, let’s get started.
Photo one above shows the end product of attaching the black cardstock to a 5½” white square card base. Before I attached the red glitter cardstock to the black layer, I die cut an ornament shape.


Photo two above shows the die cut ornament layer, cut out of gold mirror cardstock, embedded in the black ornament area. I have ordered the other ornament inlays. I must say that they are all beautiful. Notice the gold glitter sides? Well, I positioned the red on the black crooked. Washing tape to the rescue!


Photo three above is the finished card, but flat. I cut the detailed ornament out a second time in the red glitter cardstock. This allowed me to make the Cardinal red. The “believe” sentiment was designed by K Werner Designs for Simon Says Stamp. It is gorgeous. The “believe die” was cut three times in black and once in gold mirror cardstock. I glued all pieces with paper adhesive; the top layer is the gold mirror cardstock. See those two hearts? I got them from one of Spellbinders card kits. Spellbinders' monthly kits are amazing and you get a lot for the price point.



The finished piece! This will soon be in my Zibbet and ArtFire shops. You can also click within my website, AJ’s Design Artz, and it will take you to my Zibbet shop.

Challenges for Believe are:
613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes w/ Shabby Chic twist
Crafting by Designs – September Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Blog – Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by! If you have any question, please contact me.
Aletha Jane


Some affiliated links are listed below at no cost to you. The supplies for making this project were purchased by me, but if you click on the pics below and make a purchase, I get a small commission. I want to thank everyone for their continued support of my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!