Tuesday, July 4, 2017

TTCRD July 4th "Anything Goes" Challenge

Happy Freedom Day to everyone in the United States!


Welcome to our first Through the Craft Room Door (TTCRD) challengefor July 4, 2017. The theme is “anything goes”, as it is every week. Team A designers were honored to create and color images from Morgan’s Artworld. Click on the name of her shop and check out the amazing Fae artwork.

Here’s a little history about Morgan: ‘’Morgan Fitzsimons is a British artist, illustrator, and author. Borth in the north of England in1939, she has been drawing and painting since she could hold a brush. Morgan studied at LJMU, gaining her NDD, ATC, AND BA. Morgan is a tradional artist and works in many mediums. Her artwork has been displayed all over the world. Morgan has also been involved in many art related and non-art related industries. She taught in scho9ols for 20 years and retired as Head of Special Needs. She has also developed and published educational packs and teaching aids as well as fictional work. She has also been involved in designing costumes for various opera and theatre companies, and was also a wildlife artist for several chairities and organizations.’’

Most of you know I am happiest when I color hair and flowers with Copics. “Fae 3” from Morgan Fitzsimons was right up my alley.


Here’s the list of Copic colors:
Skin: E000, 04, 11, 13, 50, 51, plus R11, 20 for cheeks;
Hair: BG90, 93, 96, 99;
Blue Flowers: B23, 24, 26, 29, 41, 91, plus V04;
Violet Flowers: V01, 04, 06, 09, plus B23;
Yellow-orange Flowers: YR20, 23, 24, plus RV63, 69;
Yellow Flowers: Y11, 13, 15, 17, plus YR24;
Leaves: G40, 82, 94, 99, and G20, 21, 24, 28, 29;
Background: W00, 0, 1, 2, 3, plus Colorless Blender;
Other: White Molotov Extra Fine 1mm acrylic paint pen.



Another note about my coloring: I have started using Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface 300 Series stock. And I must say, this is now my favorite cardstock for my alcohol marker coloring.

  • To those of you who continue to play along with us (TTCRD) every week, thank you so much! We appreciate you sharing your creations with us and truly enjoy your talent!
  • To see how the winners and top 3 are selected you may check the “Challenges Rules” tab above for more information.
  • The July/August edition of the “Through the Craft Room Door” online magazine, please check HERE.
  • If you are interested in subscribing, please check HERE and click on “Magazine Subscription” tab for more information.
  • You are invited to submit your cards and projects for our September/October issue. Please check HERE and look under the “Magazine Submissions” tab for information regarding requirements or contact  Sandra or Cara at TTCRDmag1@gmail.com.
  • If you are interested in becoming a Designer or Guest Designer for “Through the Craft Room Door”, please check out the link HERE for more information.
  • If you look at the top of my sidebar, you will see a sneak peek of the July/August issue of our online magazine.


Blog challenges that I am entering:
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you join us for our TTCRDweekly “anything goes” blog challenge. I will see you all again on July 18.
Aletha Jane


P.S. Below are a few affiliated links where you can purchase some of the supplies that I have purchased for this project.




3 comments:

  1. She's lovely! I just order a pack of the Bristol 300 for coloring yesterday. Excited to see what different mediums work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work AJ, gorgeous colours and colouring. Thank you for sharing with us at Morgan's Artworld ATG challenge. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers AJ!! She is stunning,love your coloring! Hope you had a happy and safe 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!