Friday, November 18, 2016

Christmas Greetings to Eveyone



Hi all. I thought I needed to pop in and show you this little card I made. As you know this is my first year for “The Daily Marker’s 30 Day Color Challenge.” I am having a blast! Unfortunately I am finding it really hard to post concerning my daily coloring, other than on Instagram. My decision is keep it as is, but when I actually create something, that’s when I will post on my blog, Pinterest, etc. Below is the beginnings of my card and Day 9 for "The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge."



Without further ado…my creation today is all about Christmas greetings. I love coloring flowers, all kinds of flowers, so I decided to start with the “Mondo Poinsettia” clear stamp set, designed by Julie Ebersole of Ellen Hutson LLC online store. The beautiful “Christmas Greetings” sentiment is part of the Simon Says StampPoinsettia Set.” This set is part of Simon Says Stamps “Believe in the Season” new releases.

I really had no idea at the time the design of my card, so I just started with blending cardstock and Copic coloring. Copic colors were R81, 83, 85, 89. I wanted that really deep and rich pink. After the coloring, I fussy cut them out and laid them to the side.

Next step was my background. I trimmed Tim Holtz watercolor paper to a 5” square. My finished card is 5.25” square. I blended Distress Inks Chipped Sapphire and Stormy Skies. After that was dry, I splashed water drops, removed the drips with a paper towel, and then sprayed some Shimmer Spritz for added shimmer. As you will note in the picture below, I added stamped images of the same Poinsettia clear stamps I colored with Copics. When I fussy cut an image I like to have the same image on the base and color it in.


To complete the card, I added the Poinsettias. “Christmas Greetings” was embossed with Rangers Gold Tinsel embossing powder. For more bling I added the green Swarovski green crystals to the centers of the Poinsettias. I used fun foam on the back of the main panel for dimension. I used some Gina K Designs 100# base weight Cranberry Tart cardstock (perfectly matched the colored poinsettias). All of these layers were then added to a 120# pound White cardstock, also from Gina K. Designs.


Challenges that I am entering are:
Color Crazy Challenges – Anything Goes
Polkadoodles – Anything Goes
Christmas Blog Challenge – Poinsettias or Snow Is Falling
The Outlawz Friday Challenge – Winter is on the way
Through the Craft Room Door – Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, please contact me.


Some of the links below in the thumbnails are affiliated links. If you click on those affiliated links and purchase from that online shop, I will get a commission. All supplies have been purchased by me. Thanks so much to everyone who is supporting my art work.




8 comments:

  1. Such pretty flowers, and love the background too. Awesome job on the fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Aletha. Beautiful colouring of the poinsettias.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Lou DT xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card! Really beautiful colors!
    Thanks for joining our ATG challenge at Through the craft room door!
    Hope to see you back next week!

    Aly DT TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your card with us here at winter wonderland,the colours are great,and lovely bright flowers,good luck.Lyn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a colorista indeed! Absolutely beautiful and the stamp is fantastic! Great design. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very beautiful! I love poinsettias it's my bday flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty beautiful background. Thank you for joining us at the Anything Goes challenge At Colour Crazy Challenge. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card, such a beautiful background.
    Thank you for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!