Thursday, January 1, 2015

RSD's 1st Progressive Challenge for 2015


Happy New Year everyone! What better way to start the New Year than with a brand new progressive challenge at the Rick St. Dennis (RSD) Sparkle and Glitter blog. RSD’s progressive challenges take place within a two month span. The first part is “anything goes” WITH an RSD image from Rick’s Etsy or Zibbet shop. We have started the first part today. For the second part, which will happen in February, the ones who participated in the first part will receive a new RSD image that was created exclusively for use in the second part. Don’t worry if you did not participate in Part 1. You can enter in the second part by purchasing Rick’s image from his Etsy or Zibbet shops. If you are overseas and have to deal with the VAT tax, please shop in Rick’s Zibbet shop. Your images will arrive to you in a personal email.

The fun images that I chose to color are ladies from Rick’s “Hat” series. I must admit that these are some of my favorite images for coloring. They are perfect for cards, journals, or mixed-media. What makes them so special to me are their facial expressions. I look at that face and I see the colors that I want to work with to accentuate those expressions.

For my first one I would like to introduce you to “Billie.” You can find Billie Hat Lady in Rick’s Zibbet shop or his Etsy shop.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20;
Hair: Y21, YR24, E37;
Hat and Eyes: B21, 23, 24, 26, 29;
Feathers and Eye shadow: BG10, 57, 63, 68;
Lips: R27, 29, 89;
Hat Pompom: C1, 2, 3, 4, BG10, 53;
Fur Collar: W00, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, B21;
Earring: BG53, 57, 78;
Hat Broche: BG10, 53, 57, 78, and
B10, 23, 24, 26, 29;
Background: W00, 0, 1, 2;
Accent Pens: Spica Sky Blue, Gelly Roll Clear Star.


My next one has attitude and she screamed dark sage and burgundy. I would like to introduce you to “Sadie.” Sadie can also be found in Rick’s Zibbet or Etsy shops.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20;
Hair: B41, C5, 7, 9, 100;
Collar and Bow: BG90, 93, 96, 99;
Hat, Lips, and Buttons: R37, 39, RV99;
Fur: E11, 13, 17, blender;
Background: W00, 0, 1, 2;
(For a little more depth in the folds and
shading I use a Prismacolor Black Pencil.)


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you join us in our 1st part of RSD’s Progressive Challenge. (It’s also our first blog for 2015!) When you do enter, please visit our Rick St. Dennis Facebook group and post your piece of art.

Wishing everyone a healthy, prosperous, creative, and amazing 2015!
Aletha Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!