Saturday, November 29, 2014

Rory’s Lil’ Reindeer Christmas Ornament


Howdy from Oklahoma! It has been a long time for me to be able to post anything, but I am back in my studio and enjoying every minute.

Today I have a very cute Christmas ornament using Rory’s Lil’ Reindeer and some of my on-hand supplies. You can find Rory’s Lil’ Reindeer exclusively at Sweet Pea Stamps in a digital format or as a rubber stamp, which ever media you prefer to work with.

Rory and her little reindeer was printed out on X-press It blending card. After the ink had cured I was ready to color with Copics and white gel pen as accents.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20;
Hair: E29, 37, YR25, Y15, 26;
Antlers: E70, 71, 74, 77, 79;
Reindeer and Feedbag: E21, 23, 27;
Clothes & Scarf:
YG03,17,21, 67, and
RV13, 19, 34, 69, and
V01, 05, 06, 09;
Holly: G40, 82, 94, 99;
Basket: E23, 37, YR24, Y26, and
RV13, 19, 34, 69, and
V01, 05, 06, 09;
Shoes: C1, 3, 5, 7, 9;
Background: W00, 0, 1, 2, 3, and
White gel pen.


After the coloring I started the assembly. First I decided that the ornament was going to be oval.
I die cut the image and Fun Stampers Journey Lavender Fusion cardstock with an oval die
My oval die is Spellbinder’s Pierced Ovals from their Celebrations line.


The next steps were to trim with the cotton lace on both pieces, 2 rows of lace per piece.
The Lavender Fusion cardstock oval has a Fun Stampers Journey ATS (Artist Trading Stamps)
Merry Swirl. That stamp was stamped with white pigment ink and white embossing powder.
My gold trim is from the miniature tree section at Hobby Lobby. I always check there because some of those miniature trimmings are perfect for paper crafting. My choice for adhesive is Fun Stampers Journey's Journey Glaze.
Journey Glaze is a dimensional glaze, but quick drying when used an adhesive.
Rory’s Lil’ Reindeer ornament is complete.

 I have tied the ornament on a stand with some gold ribbon. Now it is ready for display.

Rory's Lil' Reindeer Ornament would like to enter in the following challenges:
Dragonfly Dreams – Girly project with a die cut or punch
That Craft Place – Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door – Anything Goes

There are some very fun Lacy Sunshine places to visit. We have our challenge blog, Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog, and our Facebook group, Lacy Sunshine. I hope you come and play with us.

Have you checked out all the happenings within Sweet Pea Stamps (SPS)? We have our December Challenge at One Sweet Challenge, which will start again on Monday, Dec. 1. We have daily inspiration projects from the SPS designers on the Sweet Pea Stamps blog. You can check out the SPS Facebook page to keep up to date on sales, and our SPS Facebook group where we have a bi-weekly art contest using a SPS image and daily SPS inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time…have a safe and happy holiday season.
Aletha Jane

3 comments:

  1. Wow- what a great ornament! Thanks for sharing it with us at Through the Craft Room Door and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats beautiful your colouring is stunning, thanks for joining us at That Craft Place

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!