Thursday, July 24, 2014

Molly’s Gone Fishin’


Happy Thursday to everyone out in cyber space. This little post is going to be doing double duty. I am representing Sweet Pea Stamps and Lacy Sunshine.  I have a very special project for you today creating with Heather Valentine’s, owner, artist, and illustrator for Lacy Sunshine, Molly Gone Fishin’ digital image. Heather has a line of red rubber stamps and digital images exclusively through Sweet Pea Stamps, and only through Sweet Pea.


For my cute little Molly (Do you think she is playing hooky?) I colored her with Copics and trimmed the colored image. I then layered her with two colors of cardstock.

Copics used:
Skin:
E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, & R20
Hair, stump, & pole:
E25, 29, 31, 50
Grass, pants, & eyes:
YG61, 63, 67, & G29
Shirt & bows:
Y11, 14, 15, 18, 19, 32
Fish:
B12, 14, 16, 18, and
YR21, 24, 27
Water:
B12, 16, 18
Background;
W00, 0, 1, 2, and
B12, Y18


To complete my piece I trimmed the designer paper and layered that with two colors of cardstock. Before attaching this to the card base I added thin grosgrain ribbon for the two corners. I added several Cheery Lynn dies for the flowers and the butterfly. After attaching these to my card I added some Liquid Pearls to the centers and the body of the butterfly.

My complete recipe:

Molly would love to be entered into the following challenges:
Moving Along with the Times: Color Challenge

I would love to invite you to our Sweet Pea Stamps Facebook Group. We have a bi-weekly art contest using Sweet Pea’s images. Check out our monthly One Sweet Challenge. July’s theme is red, white, and blue.

Want some more fun? I want to invite you to our Lacy Sunshine Facebook group. Heather has lots of little contests that go on all the time. We also have a Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog. This is a progressive challenge, so I know you will want to check that out.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you have any questions, please contact me
Aletha Jane

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, great colouring, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love you image and coloring. Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW this is stunning, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this fortnight, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just amazing. Beautiful work. You bring those Lacy Sunshine images to LIFE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!