Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sweet Pea Tilda


I have finally been able to get a little breathing room to be able to create. My studio and my blog have been very lonesome. I’ve been going through some pulmonary rehab for the past couple of months and I had to lay off some of my design team duties. Over the next few months it will be makeup time for me.

To start off I decided to create with one of my favorite Magnolia stamps, Sweet Pea Tilda. This stamp is available at StampingScrapping. There’s a lot that’s available at Stamping Scrapping, not just Magnolia stamps. In fact, I purchase most of my supplies here. If Cindy does not have it, I bet ‘cha she can get it for ya'.

On to my little piece of art! Sweet Pea Tilda was colored with Copics. After I completed the coloring, I then die cut her with one of Cindy Echtinaw’s Spellbinder’s Card Creator Dies, Fancy Postage Edge. She was then mounted on Stampin’ Up! cardstock in Certain Celery and Bravo Burgundy.

Copic colors:
Skin: E000, 00, 11, R02, 20
Hair: Y21, 26, E37, 50, YR24
Leaves: G40, 82, 94, 99
Hat, Dress, & Shoes: V91, 93, 95, 99
Background: W000, 0, 1, 2, V91

Other supplies:
Gathered Twigs Distress Ink
Floral Corner 1 Spellbinder’s Die D-Lites
Vintage tatting – my stash
A Beautiful Life DP from My Mind’s Eye


Challenges that Sweet Pea Tilda would like to enter:
A Vintage Journey – Anything Tim Holtz (I used DI)
Scrapping4Fun – Flowers
Stampin’ For the Weekend – Anything Goes

That’s it for this rainy Oklahoma Saturday. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane

6 comments:

  1. This really is a lovely card and you are to be applauded for the way you've coloured that fantastic image. Our rules do clearly say that we are looking for entries which are vintage and strongly influenced by Tim Holtz (not just using a Distress Ink) so unfortunately we won't be able to include you in the prize draw this time but encourage you to enter specific Tim Holtz inspired projects in future at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! Fabulous colors and details! Great job.
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautifully done. I love the color palette you've worked with and your blending of colors is amazing. I also like the design of your card with your Tilda in the center and the green vines framing the opposite corners. The lace running across the center lends a vintage feeling to your card. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the colors!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges!
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous colours you've picked for your card. I loe the lace you've added and the beautiful die cuts. Fantastic colouring of a cute image. Thanks for joining us at Stampin For The Weekend and Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Love the pearls and all the details. Thanks for playing in our flower challenge at scrapping4funchallenges. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!